Sidebar links not working
Need help with one of our themes? Ask here.

Philip

VIP Member Rank
Display Name: Philip

linkPost by Philip Lench » Sat May 13, 2017 8:16 pm

On my under construction site the sidebar links work on some pages but not on others.

I have set them for right side display in the basic WP settings as Main Sidebar and have also tried setting it in the Redwaves dashboard but they just don't seem to be working. If I try to click on a non working sidebar link then a word in the main content highlights instead.

I have looked on Google and the search results give me the information that it could be a permalink problem.

Help needed please
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

Re: Sidebar links not working

linkPost by admin » Sun May 14, 2017 3:05 am

Hi Philip,
Thank you for buying RedWaves!
Maybe this is a styling issue causes the content to cover sidebar links. Would you please give me a link to your website? (if you want to keep your site private, send me the link via a private message). I need to inspect the code. Sometimes, theme could be conflicting with other plugins code.
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943
Philip

VIP Member Rank

linkPost by Philip Lench » Sun May 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi Asmi.

The site is on my own computer using InstantWP and not made public yet. Not sure how you could get to view it.
Philip

VIP Member Rank

linkPost by Philip Lench » Mon May 15, 2017 8:35 am

I think I've found the problem.

I use quite a lot of tables for the layout and if the table width exceeds 900px then it breaks the sidebar.

GOOD (the sidebar links work):
<table class="aligncenter" style="width: 900px;" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="10">
BAD (sidebar links do not work):
<table class="aligncenter" style="width: 910px;" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="10">
So I'm going to change all the affected pages to 850px just to be on the safe side. I doesn't seem to harm the design of the page too much
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

linkPost by admin » Mon May 15, 2017 11:02 pm

The sidebar is made of a <div> tag and widgets are wrapped with an <aside> tag. Are using a custom widget to display links on the sidebar?
Please try to test this on a mobile phone to see if issue haven't been solved.
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943
elmaasheley147

Banned Member Rank
Display Name: elmaasheley147

linkPost by elmaasheley147 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:34 am

Philip Lench wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 8:35 am
I think I've found the problem.

I use quite a lot of tables for the layout and if the table width exceeds 900px then it breaks the sidebar.

GOOD (the sidebar links work):
<table class="aligncenter" style="width: 900px;" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="10">
BAD (sidebar links do not work):
<table class="aligncenter" style="width: 910px;" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="10">
So I'm going to change all the affected pages to 850px just to be on the safe side. I doesn't seem to harm the design of the page too much
Agree with you
BarryRug

Member Rank
Display Name: BarryRug

linkPost by BarryRug » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:18 am

I am having the exact same problem. The demo worked great, but the paid version is not working at all.
Simpson Jack

New Member Rank
Display Name: Simpson Jack

linkPost by Jack12 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:41 am

Vex 4 is the fourth installment of the game Vex, and this time, it is more challenging than ever. In Vex 4 you must escape from each level by running, jumping and sliding past obstacles until you reach the exit.