website builder software help
Ask anything not theme related here

aaronpawlak

New Member Rank
Display Name: aaronpawlak

linkPost by aaronpawlak » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:48 am

Hello,

I am completely new to all of this and looking around for help. A while back I came accross a thread on this site & it included a couple of posts from members that have built their own websites, I cannot find the info anymore & have searched till i'm blue in the face.
As if I didn't have enough to do with learning Aspire. I now want to take Website builder video to build the software.If anyone can post a link it would be great, or if anyone can recommend suitable software they have used that would also be appreciated. I went through many resources but did not find any solution for this issues. Please help me out.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

Re: website builder software help

linkPost by admin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Hi aaronpawlak,
Thanks for joining our community :D
Honestly, I don't really remember a thread about page builders was posted here. But I personally recommend using Visual Composer (aka WPBakery Page Builder) https://codecanyon.net/item/visual-comp ... ess/242431 because it's very popular and most of popular themes and plugins support it very well. But you should note that this builder rely on WordPress shortcodes so the moment you deactivate it, you will have hard time cleaning your website. This is currently available for $45.

The other page builder I recommend is Elementor https://wordpress.org/plugins/elementor/ . Unlike, Visual Composer, Elementor make use of its own widgets (called Element) so you don't have to worry about cleaning your posts if you are planning to stop using it. The best part, this builder is available for free (there is a pro version too).

If you want to build your own WP page builder, well, this doesn't make sense unless you are planning to release it. It's a lot easier to edit your website directly instead of building a page builder from scratch just to use it on your own website.

Also, there are tons of other great page builder out there:
  • Beaver Builder
  • Page Builder by SiteOrigin
  • Live Composer
  • Elegant Themes’ page builder
  • Themify Builder
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943
FloydTer

New Member Rank
Display Name: FloydTer

linkPost by FloydTer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi Asmi, awesomely informative post so thanks. Which one of those builders would you say is the most powerful tool with a lot of depth btw?
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

linkPost by admin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:12 am

FloydTer wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:18 pm
Hi Asmi, awesomely informative post so thanks. Which one of those builders would you say is the most powerful tool with a lot of depth btw?
Hi FloydTer, thanks for passing by :D

This is really a hard question: Elementor is new, more WordPress friendly (unlike Visual Composer, it makes use of widgets instead of shortcodes so when you deactivate it, you don't need to clean your pages/posts from tons of shortcodes left by VC) and has become popular in a short period.

But Visual composer still more supported by third-party developers so you will be able to find more themes and plugins that support VC than those that support Elementor.

When it comes to features, both plugins have tons of add-ons (or Elements for Elementor) so it's hard to not find what you need and even if you do, you can always extend them by creating your own add-on.

Note: I will not say Elementor is free because now both plugins seem to be following the same freemium business modal and both are available as Free and Paid versions.

For me, I think I will stick to Visual Composer (now it's called WPBakery Page Builder but I still prefer the old name) simply because it has a larger user base but I might offer support for both plugins in the future).
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943
davidj

New Member Rank
Display Name: davidj

linkPost by davidjohn2121 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:39 am

nice
SharonSat

New Member Rank
Display Name: SharonSat

linkPost by SharonSat » Thu May 02, 2019 12:43 pm

The link only shows me #s 1-226. Are there other pages that I just don't see in the corner of my eye or what?

By the way, if you guys need to breake all captchas - I recommend this:
XEvil 4.0: perfect captcha breaker, included ReCaptcha-2!
Pascalkit

New Member Rank
Display Name: Pascalkit

linkPost by Pascalkit » Sun May 19, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi EduardoVolpi
Your design is nice for me your design looks to other app mse, any way look nice. Nice color conmbination, decent website, 1 like from me for home page other page is different paltform
pragatisatpute

New Member Rank
Display Name: pragatisatpute

linkPost by pragatisatpute » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:29 am

That was a quite awesome article. Looking forward to your posts. Excellent share!
BarryRug

Member Rank
Display Name: BarryRug

linkPost by BarryRug » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi guys, Im building on online site with wordpress. If anyone has WP experience with e-commerce it would be GREATLY appreciated to get some help
Thanks
poojarane

New Member Rank
Display Name: poojarane

linkPost by poojarane » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:33 am

Great Information.Thanks for sharing :)