Menu doesn't work on mobile version
Need help with one of our themes? Ask here.

redfan10

Member Rank

Menu doesn't work on mobile version

linkPost by redfan10 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 am

Hello,

I have this issue:

Firs there was a menu in the header and after that in the mobile version of the site, the menu doesn't work. I use Child theme and copied the code the header.php code from mother theme to the header.php of the Child theme. The link of the site is

Greetings
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

Re: Menu doesn't work on mobile version

linkPost by admin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi redfan10,
Sorry for the late reply!

The mobile menu is working correctly on my testing website. But the icons are missing and they are replaced by random text like in the screenshot below;
The reason behind this, the font icon set is not loading. As a quick fix, open functions.php and scroll down to line 120 then change this line;
wp_enqueue_style( 'materialicons', '//fonts.googleapis.com/icon?family=Material+Icons', false, null, 'all' );
To this;
wp_enqueue_style( 'materialicons', 'https://fonts.googleapis.com/icon?family=Material+Icons', false, null, 'all' );
In the past the previous code used to work but now it doesn't load all required font files, it only loads the font CSS file. Maybe Google has removed redirects from HTTP to HTTPS for their static resources or something similar because this code was working since the release of Realistic.
Of course you need to do the same to load Roboto font;
wp_enqueue_style( 'roboto_google_font', 'https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:400italic,300,700,400', false, null, 'all' );
For the off canvas menu it's working on my website;
Click your mouse right button then Inspect (CTR+SHIFT+I) and tell me what kind of JavaScript errors are showing in the console?

Edit: By the way, I have an update for Realistic that I am currently testing but please not that a lot of files were changed and functions removed/renamed so if you are extending Realistic using a child theme, make sure you test the update because you will receive and error or blank page if in your child theme calls a function that is no longer available/defined. This update should come out very soon. Maybe tomorrow at most.
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943
EfrenRet

New Member Rank
Display Name: EfrenRet

linkPost by EfrenRet » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Great info Asmi, thanks for sharing. Works like a charm.
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

linkPost by admin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:45 pm

EfrenRet wrote:Great info Asmi, thanks for sharing. Works like a charm.
Hi EfrenRet,
Thanks for passing by :) Glad I helped you!
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943
Pascalkit

New Member Rank
Display Name: Pascalkit

Menu doesnt work on mobile version

linkPost by Pascalkit » Mon May 20, 2019 5:40 pm

im on the latest version and downloaded all the tracks except the pure mx links, im just missing decals now, are there any object packs or anything ?