How to remove mobile menu at the end of footer
Need help with one of our themes? Ask here.

TaxIndiaUpdates

VIP Member Rank
Display Name: TaxIndiaUpdates

How to remove mobile menu at the end of footer

linkPost by taxindiaupdates » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:58 am

Hello

I recently updated the theme. After updating the same I saw a blue bar at the end of footer (see at my blog taxindiaupdates.in at the end of footer it is mobile menu).

I want to remove the same .
Please help me .

Jitendra Panwar
taxindiaupdates.in
India-302015
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

Re: How to remove mobile menu at the end of footer

linkPost by admin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi Jitendra,
Ok! I will try to explain everything here because I know many customers are having the same issue right now...
As far as I know, this could be caused by 2 reasons:
First it might be a Cache problem. So clearing your WP Cache plugin's cache ( or whatever cache plugin you are using ) will remove old HTML generated by old theme files and generate a new HTML markup based on your new theme files.
Second, those who are using child themes with modified header.php and/or footer.php will have same issue because those 2 files where modified in the new version. Here is exactly what I have changed:
In header.php file:
This code has been REMOVED:
				<div id="mobile-menu-wrapper">
					<a href="javascript:void(0); " id="sidemenu_hide" class="sideviewtoggle"><?php _e( 'Menu', 'themient' );?></a>
					<?php redwaves_small_search_bar(); // Mobile menu search bar ?>
					<nav id="navigation" class="clearfix">
						<div id="mobile-menu" class="mobile-menu">
							<?php if ( has_nav_menu( 'mobile-menu' ) ) {
								wp_nav_menu( array( 'theme_location' => 'mobile-menu', 'menu_class' => 'menu', 'walker' => new front_end_walker ) ); 
							}else{ ?>
								<div class="no-menu-msg"><?php _e('Please assign a menu (Go to Appearance >> Menus and assign a menu to "Mobile Menu" location)', 'themient') ?></div>
							<?php } ?>
						</div>
					</nav>							
				</div>
This code has been REPLACED:
				<div id="sideviewtoggle" class="secondary-navigation">
					<div class="container clearfix"> 
						<a href="javascript:void(0); " id="sidemenu_show" class="sideviewtoggle"><?php _e( 'Menu', 'themient' );?></a>  
					</div><!--.container-->
				</div>
By this code:
				<div id="sideviewtoggle" class="secondary-navigation">
					<div class="container clearfix"> 
						<a href="javascript:void(0); " id="sidemenu_show" class="sideviewtoggle sb-toggle sb-toggle-left"><?php _e( 'Menu', 'themient' );?></a>  
					</div><!--.container-->
				</div>
In footer.php file:
This code has been ADDED just after </div><!-- #page --> and before
<?php wp_footer(); ?>
:
<div class="sb-slidebar sb-left sb-width-custom sb-style-overlay" data-sb-width="250px">
        <nav class="mobile-menu-wrap">
                <?php if ( has_nav_menu( 'mobile-menu' ) ) {
                    wp_nav_menu( array( 'theme_location' => 'mobile-menu', 'walker' => new Mobile_Menu_Walker ) ); 
                }else{ ?>
                    <div class="no-menu-msg"><?php _e('Please assign a menu (Go to Appearance >> Menus and assign a menu to "Mobile Menu" location)', 'themient') ?></div>
                <?php } ?>
        </nav>
</div>
<div class="obfuscator sb-toggle-left"></div>
Sorry for causing such problem, actually, there was no way to avoid it. The old menu was not very convenient. User should not click a button to open menu and another to close it. As most off-canvas menu works, once a menu is open, clicking anywhere outside of it should close it.

By the way, did you make the update from your website? I don't have another server to test automatic updates feature but it works on Themient.com server.
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943
Adriantoth

New Member Rank
Display Name: Adriantoth

linkPost by Adriantoth » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:19 am

Great material! This is really a good article because you always post grand related content and very informative information with powerful points. Just like the article I was looking for to read the article I found on your website. Thanks for sharing this piece of writing on this rospher com website. I want to tell you that it is very helpful for us. Thanks for sharing such an awesome blog with us. I want to visit again.
Arturo Aredondo

New Member Rank
Display Name: Arturo Aredondo

linkPost by Arturo Aredondo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:13 pm

I am glad to see this