Google Adsense Ready
Ask anything not theme related here

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
holidaymetro
Rank

Google Adsense Ready

by holidaymetro » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:31 am

I am looking into buying your RedWave theme, but I wanted to know a few things regarding the Adsense section of the theme.

Can you provide some screen shots or list the areas that the Adsense code can be inputted within your theme?

I am looking at this other theme by another developer that's very similar to yours. Below are some screen shots of where I can place the Google Adsense code in their theme.

screencapture-demo-themecountry-superads-wp-content-uploads-2015-04-Homepage-ListView-jpg-1505283868768.png
Google Adsense configurations for homepage
screencapture-demo-themecountry-superads-wp-content-uploads-2015-04-Homepage-ListView-jpg-1505283868768.png (2.93 MiB) Viewed 67 times

screencapture-demo-themecountry-superads-ad-management-1505283958312.png
Google Ad Management section within their theme.
screencapture-demo-themecountry-superads-ad-management-1505283958312.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 67 times

As you can see, their theme is Adsense ready and friendly.

If your theme does not have this extensive Adsense Ad Management section, would you be able to include it for the Paid version?

I appreciate your reply!

Asmi Khalil
Site Admin
Rank

Re: Google Adsense Ready

by Asmi Khalil » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi holidaymetro,
Thanks for joining our community :D
RedWaves rely on Widget-areas to give the user the possibility to add not just adsense ads, but any widget to different parts in the theme like the top header (right area), below post title and below post content. All you have to do is add a "Custom HTML" widget (or Text widget if you are using an old version of WordPress) to the right Widget area (they are all available at Appearance => Widgets admin page), place your ad code inside this widget then click Save.

The theme that appears in your screenshots is providing a way more ad management options and spaces but since registering new sidebars/widget areas takes only few lines of code in functions.php and displaying them is only one line of code per sidebar/widget area, I am willing to provide full code snippets and step by step guides on how to add your ads anywhere in your website. I will even tell you how to display an ad within your article content in random location (by slicing your article into paragraphs and randomly injecting your ad code after/before one of those paragraphs for higher CTR).

RedWaves will be getting a major update in the next few weeks with a lot of changes. It will look like a brand new themes and maybe I will add more options to the Ad Management section. But instead of using text boxes, we will relying on WordPress widgets and widget areas because in my opinion this is a more user-friendly way.

Edit: I have updated theme demo site http://redwaves.themient.com/ to display an ad on all available ad spots (check single posts). By default ads will show on posts only (not pages) because WP "pages" are usually used for pages like Contact, terms, privacy which usually doesn't contain any ads.
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943

holidaymetro
Rank

by holidaymetro » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:10 am

Thank you for your reply Asmi! I appreciate your thorough answer and willingness to help me with the coding for the Google ads I want to place on my website! I am very new to WordPress and am looking forward to starting one. I custom built my old website using straight HTML, but it's too labor intensive and WP seems to be the way to go. Should I wait until you've updated the theme before I make a purchase? I would like the latest version before I install it.

Asmi Khalil
Site Admin
Rank

by Asmi Khalil » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:15 pm

Honestly, if you are willing to wait few weeks, starting using the future update from the beginning is better in my opinion since documentation will change and theme options will change too. But there is nothing wrong with getting theme right now and waiting for the update, too.

When I provide support for VIP users (who are by default, premium theme buyers), I provide a child theme in most cases so the user don't need to touch any codes and be worried to break anything. But if bought RedWaves before the update, and you started using child themes to customize the parent theme, make sure to activate the parent theme before clicking the update button because template files will be heavily modified so using your child theme with the upcoming update might cause a PHP error. But updating the theme itself will be smooth and won't cause any errors (in most cases because I can't give a guarantee that theme will be bug-free. There will be always bugs to fix :) )
So the child theme need to be updated too to become compatible with the new version. So maybe it's better to wait for the update.
You decide!
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943

holidaymetro
Rank

by holidaymetro » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:12 pm

I am going to wait until the new release. Please let me know as soon as possible when it is updated and I'll make the purchase. Thank you!

Asmi Khalil
Site Admin
Rank

by Asmi Khalil » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:44 am

Ok! I will let you know when the update is out.
Take care!

holidaymetro
Rank

by holidaymetro » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:59 am

Thank you! I look forward to hearing from you!