Realistic Social Icons
Topics related to Realistic theme goes here.

TahMiD Borhan

Member Rank
Display Name: TahMiD Borhan

Realistic Social Icons

linkPost by TahMiD » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi There,
Thanks for this awesome theme. I have a problem with this theme and can't manage. I can't change the social icon links, how to do that? There is no option in widgets area. Plz ans me. Thanks.
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

Re: Realistic Social Icons

linkPost by admin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi TahMiD,
Thanks reporting this :)
Actually, this is a bug. A very dumb mistake from me :oops: Please apologize me! I forgot to add the textboxes where you can define your social media URLs. In previous versions, the widget used to have a textbox for every supported social media website. If you leave the textbox empty, the widget will not display the icon/button. A better and more convenient approach would to have all the links defined in one place like in the Options panel or WP Customizer which can be used by different functions and widgets.

Since this is a critical bug, I have pushed an update to WP.org. Now if you check your website, you should get an update notification
https://wordpress.org/themes/realistic/

You will find all the URL textboxes in Appearance => Customize => Social so you don't have to define them each time you create a new widget instance.

In the Email textbox, you just need to enter your email address, the widget will take care of generating the mailto link.

Thanks for reporting this bug :D
I will be moving this topic to the Bug Report section.
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943
TahMiD Borhan

Member Rank
Display Name: TahMiD Borhan

linkPost by TahMiD » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:40 am

Yah! Now It's working!!
Awesome Support Man!
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

linkPost by admin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Most welcome!
If possible, would you please consider leaving your review on https://wordpress.org/support/theme/rea ... /#new-post :D
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943