Problem with Samsung tablets
Topics related to RedWaves lite theme goes here.

Philippe Mouze

Member Rank

Problem with Samsung tablets

linkPost by Philippe Mouze » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:42 am

Since the new release, or before, we can't use the Samsung tablets.
The problem is :
With the main menu in landscape position we can't open the pages that have children pages (or levels below), neither the others children pages.
With the others pages without children, the system works correctly.
Do you think to do something to solvesolve this problem.
Best regards

Philippe Mouze
Webmaster
http://www.clamartvolley.com
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

Re: Problem with Samsung tablets

linkPost by admin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:50 pm

The problem is not specific to Samsung tablets but If you are browsing my theme using a high resolution tablet ( and with low DPI (Dots per inch) ) the theme will not be scaled to tablet version and the normal/desktop version will be shown instead. So if you are using a Galaxy Tab4 10.1 to browse your WordPress site which is running my theme RedWaves lite, the Desktop version will be shown instead of the tablet version because the Galaxy Tab4 has a resolution of 1280X800px and 149Dpi by default, my theme will think that you are using a laptop of a PC & not a tablet. Now the real problem is that you CANNOT mouse over a link or a button on a touch screen device that's why you can't get to show the Navigation menu children when hovering on their parent item.

I think this can be fixed using JavaScript & PHP but because this is a very General issue, I can't promise you whether it will be fixed or not.
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943