How to Show Full Content on Sticky Post
Topics related to Realistic theme goes here.

yepezd

New Member Rank
Display Name: yepezd

Re: How to Show Full Content on Sticky Post

linkPost by yepezd » Mon May 30, 2016 6:35 pm

You are great. thank you very much
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

linkPost by admin » Mon May 30, 2016 9:34 pm

Most welcome :)
Glad I helped you!
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943
yepezd

New Member Rank

linkPost by yepezd » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:31 am

I need some more help :) It is possible to add code if someone searching and sticky post show as excerpt on search page. currently show fully content on search page. thank you
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank

linkPost by admin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:31 pm

Yes, of course! All what you need to do is to create a copy of the original /template-parts/content.php and name the file to content-search.php and place it in the /template-parts folder (Exactly where content.php is located). Since you have changed your content.php file. Download content-search.rar archive directly from the attachments. Extract content-search.php file from it and copy it to your theme /template-parts folder.
content-search.rar
(913 Bytes) Downloaded 90 times
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943
yepezd

New Member Rank

linkPost by yepezd » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:48 am

I want sticky post show as excerpt on search page only, but above method work sticky post show as excerpt on post page too.
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank

linkPost by admin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:19 am

yepezd wrote:I want sticky post show as excerpt on search page only, but above method work sticky post show as excerpt on post page too.
Are you sure? Did you place the content-search.php file inside /template-parts folder and kept your modified content.php?
Because of the "-search" word in the file name, this file will be used exclusively by the search page and because this file contains the same code as default "content.php". Your search page will be rendered exactly as theme demo site home/blog page. And since you have modified content.php which will be used by archives and blog/home page, your sticky posts will be displayed with full content instead of excerpt.
Could you give me a link to your website?