Where is the CSS text box?
Topics related to RedWaves lite theme goes here.

whiwo

New Member Rank
Display Name: whiwo

Where is the CSS text box?

linkPost by whiwo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:11 pm

This may sound stupid, but when I go in to customize and click on CSS, there is no text box to add my customizations.

I've built hundreds of sites and have never seen anything like this. I'm guessing there is a trick to bring it up but if so, I can't figure it out.

I'm not totally sold on this theme just yet and wanted to play around with it. Overall, it looks good but if I can't customize it to my liking, what's the point.

I also noticed that changing the media size from the default to a different size has no effect. Not sure what the purpose is for this if it doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Asmi Khalil

Site Admin Rank
Display Name: Asmi Khalil

Re: Where is the CSS text box?

linkPost by admin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:47 am

Hi whiwo,

Thanks for using RedWaves lite :) I am glad you like it.

Please apologize me for the late reply

I am not really sure why but the option is missing on my demo site too. I myself didn't add any code to disable it but RedWaves lite has a Custom CSS option inside the Design & Layout section. Please use it instead.

Maybe, WordPress detected that RedWaves lite has a Custom CSS option and that's why the Additional CSS option is missing.
I also noticed that changing the media size from the default to a different size has no effect. Not sure what the purpose is for this if it doesn't work.
RedWaves lite is using custom thumbnails sizes hardcoded into functions.php file (this is by design because the theme is expecting a specific thumbnail ratio).

If you want to change thumbnails sizes you can manually edit functions.php file and regenerate the new thumbnails using this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - IBM chairman Thomas Watson, 1943